Saturday, February 16, 2008

you thought i got lost, didn't you!!

i'm still with the living, but its been a month since i last posted. a lot has happened in a month!
the last day that i posted on here was january 15, on january 16 while i was at work i managed to slip down some stairs and break my elbow! i had to have surgery, they put 2 screws in. but before they could do that they had to remove part of my ligament in my arm and the put the screws in then reattach the ligament! sounds pretty painful doesn't it? well let me tell you from experience, it is the worst pain that i have ever felt in my entire life! the surgeon wanted to do it at the local surgery center. i had heard lots of good things about it so i thought that it would be okay. well, i had a very bad experience and i will never have another surgery done there again! they didn't put a catheter in me so when i got out of surgery my bladder was so full i thought i was going to bust! then they gave me 2 pain pills when i told them that i was hurting, like that was going to help. i asked them to give me something for pain through my iv. but nooooo, they said that the pain pills would do just fine. LIKE HELL!!! i had 20 staples in my arm. i have therepy 3 times a week. and i now have a brace on my arm that looks like something directly out of the Saw movies!!! now, they are saying that i may have to have another surgery! woo hoo don't i sound excited? i can't do a damn thing around my house, i'm going crazy and this news isn't helping any at all. i can't extend my elbow past a 90 degree angle. i can't use my arm for anything. i can't write, hold anything with that hand. grrrrr. i have been out of work for a month and i am a complete basketcase!
but other than that, same old shit different day. we won't be moving till i am released by my dr. so now we are looking at not moving till march or april! (i'm not happy about that either!) the girls are doing really good. kimber is walking, well 5 steps then she will sit down, and then get up and walk another few steps! paige is getting pissy about when we are moving, she is ready to be with her cousins and her mimi and poppy! i don't blame her! we will be so close to my family and toby's family it will be great! i grew up with my cousins and i loved it. i want my kids to know that feeling also. i miss my inlaws a great deal they are a fun bunch of people and since we live so far away i feel that we are out of the loop on the family thing. one of toby's sisters is getting ready to have a baby girl in april and the other sister is getting married in may. i would love to be there for both of those very special occasions! well, i have blabbed on for some time now, so i am going to get off here i will try and keep everyone posted a little better this time!

1 comment:

Mindy said...

I thought you were lost!! LOL